Friday, December 12, 2008

a short rant on manners

Let me open with an apology and confession of my own guilt on this topic. I am sure we all have experienced those times when our "upbringing" takes a back seat the the total enjoyment of a stick of gum or fell victim to that burp that appeared out of nowhere. That being said; let's examine the real reason for this rant. "Adult onset lack of manners", is a horrible reality that strikes in a variety of situations. My most recent experiences with AOLOM happened at work, my job is in a "professional" office setting if you will; not a construction site or some other possible work setting, but an office. My job and that of the people seated near my cube, is phone sales. I repeat "PHONE". What do you think of the person seated most near to me loading her mouth with apple, chewing with her mouth open and then dialing?!! Oh yes, she did. I asked if she could chew any louder. She told me that I must have good ears and that she was just eating the apple. I said, "We know, everyone can hear it!"

A second example that happens at work and just reoccurred last week is non-double-flushing. We live in a "low-flow" toilet age; accept it. This low-flow lifestyle may, from time-to-time need a second flush, you're not being greedy, you're just practicing good sense; go ahead and take it. Often times there's a bit of "fighter poo" that manages to escape the first flush in a dramatic fight to avoid the septic, and is seen bobbing in the toilet for the stall's next visitor. NEWSFLASH - No One likes to see your poo. Give a second look and do a second flush and send it on its way. Less frequently seen and possibly more gross is "fighter fem prod." These offenders are not even supposed to be flushed, they belong in the trash receptacle conveniently located right in the stall. Should you feel the need to dispose of these products in a flushing manner, PLEASE give a second and look and be 100% certain that they have made it through to the happy hunting grounds of septic Heaven.

Whew - I feel better now. Thank you for letting me get this off my chest.

2 comments:

An Apron Straitjacket said...

Too Funny. I can't believe you made that comment to your coworker and she didn't just get up and chunk that apple at you. You must work with much calmer people than I did, lol.

HorribleLicensePlates said...

Ew I agree about the ladies restroom. And it's always 10 times worse in a bar late at night when you really have to go. Argh!