Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Placenta Monologues

Brandon (Baby Daddy) and I have fun pretending what Brynn is doing in utero. In fact we've made up a few situations that make us giggle, so I thought (until I get bored, distracted or otherwise just don't think it's funny anymore) I'd share here a number of posts called, "The Placenta Monologues."

Let me set the stage for you, Baby Daddy and I are both highly social, talkative people with short attention spans. Please do not use that against us or doubt our integrity, work ethic, or intelligence, it is just the case that we never run short of things to chat about. We suspect that with that kind of "skill set" coming from both genomes, our daughter will be a chatterer as well. She may even be holding conversations with her only companion right now, that companion is of course, Placenta or "Centa" as we imagine she's so familiar, she's given the placenta a nickname.

April 24, 2009
Centa, I'm glad you're here. I'm very bored and "you know who" is hardly ever paying attention to me. I hear her over and over, "Hello, this is Bridget at the Lottery." What does that even mean? Sometimes she pokes into my room and I try to reach her, but these damned fingers are good for nothing, so I just smack a fist at her.
Centa? Have you been here this whole time? Remember back to the holidays? Those were fun, so much going on and new places to stop and use the bathroom at. I was not cramped in here at all. Now it seems like she just sits. I hope tonight she sends down another one of those root beer floats. They really make me burp, but are they good . . .

No comments: